Wednesday, January 27, 2010

It's a Girl!

I'll admit I was nervous about this whole Chromosome Celebration thing. After all, the party was nothing more than a glorified cake-cutting ceremony. I didn't think people would come then freaked out when literally every one of our guests said they'd be there (and some even invited others). I thought we'd be bored. I thought I'd be one of those annoying attention hogs. A pregnant friend of mine even said to me, "I'm surprised you're doing this."
Well, we did and guess what? It was actually fun. I managed to shed some of the attention limelight by forcing everyone to sing Happy Birthday to two friends who are celebrating their birth this week. There were presents and cards for me and for the birthday girl (not for the guy, unfortunately, but his birthday *is* technically over anyway). And my husband hooked his computer to our TV so we were able to play a continuous slide show of our salmon egg's development as she grows inside my belly. (This was a hit with the girls but less so with the guys, who claimed to be unable to see head, nose, and limbs in the ultrasound photos; I'm not sure I really believe them though. I think they were trying to be tough.) All in all, a good party. And yes, it's a girl!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Last night was SO SO much fun! I don't know what you were worried about - EVERYONE was so so excited to come and eat cake and celebrate with you guys the exciting news!! We are so happy to know it's a baby GIRL!! It's so exciting! Post a picture of the entire cake -my London friends want to see what a "gender cake" looks like! Thanks for a fun night & congrats! I can't wait to meet Shaniquanina! - Danielle

    ReplyDelete