Sunday, November 21, 2010

"Finger" Foods

When Evelyn was just a few weeks old, I remember a mother with an older baby exclaiming, "I'd forgotten how little my baby used to be!" I remember thinking that I didn't really believe her. How could anyone forget how tiny their newborn is? How could anyone think that mother's 16 lb "monster baby" was small?

Well, Evelyn's reached that point. Just last night, I saw a 6 week old at church and couldn't believe how tiny she was. I couldn't believe Evelyn's really grown that much--even though the nursery workers assured me she has!

I also remember registering for baby food plates, sippy cups, and a highchair, and thinking that it'd be "a long time" before I actually needed to use any of them. Well, we started Evelyn on rice cereal last weekend and I soon realized I shouldn't have put off buying those items!

While at Babies R Us buying some of those items, I met another baby Evelyn's age. I liked their family instantly because they told me Evelyn "looks like an ice princess." Anyway, they asked, "Is she on chicken yet?" Come to find out, their baby has been eating solids since he was 3 months old!

Well, I for one think that's a little on the early side. But then again, as this video proves, Evelyn has Baby Liam to munch on whenever she gets hungry!

2 comments:

  1. Cute video!! Hopefully she'll be done munching on fingers when Gabriel comes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was precious! I can't wait for her to see that video someday and laugh! It's too cute! Sarah that will probably be YOUR son eating MY son's fingers. We'll have Evelyn & Liam to straighten things out though!

    ReplyDelete