Thursday, April 1, 2010

Minor Tragedies and Major Successes

Things have been a little crazy around here lately. The mold has been cleaned up, new walls have been put back into place, and the painting of the new walls is (almost) complete. My computer crashed, a temporary replacement computer (a dinosaur of a full 5 years ago) has been found, and the backlog of freelance work I was unable to get to due to the lack of computer has been cleared away. My husband turned 30 years old, we nearly died in a nighttime blizzard on our way to Tahoe, we skied and/or shopped, made a music video, posed for an old-time Western photo, and returned to balmy 80 degree beach weather, where I managed to come down with a crazy sinus problem that has not (as of yet) turned into a full-blown infection but that has definitely knocked me flat on my back for the past few days (yes, Mom, I'm drinking plenty of liquids (12 cups a day) and taking Tylenol for pain/fever and taking a decongestant per doctor's orders).

Due to the sinus problems, all I really ever want to eat these days is ice cream--which actually isn't that big of a change for me. But for lunch yesterday, despite the half gallon of Dreyer's Cookie Dough in my freezer, I settled for a Pomegranate-Pick-Me-Up smoothie from Jamba Juice instead and then settled down to watch Sunset Boulevard. So glad I did! Baby LOVES SMOOTHIES! The acrobats taking place in my stomach were sometimes more fun to watch than the movie, even if they did occasionally make me slightly uncomfortable (baby can KICK too!). Craig is working from home today (so he can "be available to take care of a certain sick pregnant lady") and we're definitely headed back to Jamba Juice again for lunch so he can see how giddy a little bit of pomegranate juice mixed with raspberry sherbert makes our little girl.

But the big news is that I've finally finished a nearly year-long domestic project: throw pillows. The last thing I sewed was a football pillow in middle school, which earned me a solid B, perhaps the only B I received until high school. So I was pretty dependent on a good friend of mine to pull me through. Despite sewing machine problems, a wedding, a honeymoon, a new pregnancy, bouts of morning sickness, and holiday travels, these lovely little pillows are finally finished. And they're quite beautiful if I do say so myself. As for durability, well, that will be put to the test soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment