Tuesday, May 25, 2010

My Feet

I don't know if people are a) blind, b) trying to be nice, or c) have completely forgotten how I looked before pregnancy, but when I show people how swollen my feet have become lately, the inevitable response is, "Oh, I guess I can kind of see what you mean, but it really doesn't look that bad."

What the heck? Here's a picture of my feet two weeks before I became pregnant:

Now, here they are as of five minutes ago:

My feet are marshmallows or, as a good friend told me today, like Tempur-Pedic mattresses. I take my flip-flops off and the indentation of the straps stays in place. You can't see the bones any more and my ankles look like tree stumps coming out of the bottom of skirts. I lay on the couch at night with three pillows propping my feet up and poor Craig brings me books and water and anything else I might have a hankering for. He's been a truly supportive and loving spouse.

But please, stop telling me you can't see anything wrong with my feet and that I don't "look like I've gained 35 lbs." Out of respect for my old self, please acknowledge that I do indeed look different. Otherwise, all those hours at the gym and all those cases of Slim Fast were for naught.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Stacy!!! I just want to hug you! I love you and can't wait for Evelyn to be OUT so your poor little body can rest!! She's almost here! I'm praying for you! I see a difference but to me and to all of us you are just as beautiful as ever! Now you're just beautiful and pregnant, but you'll be back to normal REALLY REALLY soon!!!

    ReplyDelete