Monday, May 10, 2010

Spring Showers

At a full 34 weeks along (and starting week 35, which is really how I prefer to look it), I'm starting to lose that whole "pregnancy glow." Just a few days ago, Craig's boss complimented me on how "together" I looked. How I lacked that whole "mommy martyr" look her own friends typically develop around 9 months of pregnancy. I was proud of myself. Then, not an hour later, my parents flew into town and I was whisked away on a weekend full of ultrasounds, furniture shopping, gelato, crepes, window shopping, glass-chapel viewing, drape hanging, and shower attending (my friends made and decorated the cake in this picture, by the way--I'm impressed). I don't feel quite so glowing any more. In fact, I feel flat out pooped. My ankles have swelled to the size of my calves and I saw the pictures taken of me at the shower--let's just say skinny non-mom friends are not the people you want to be standing next to for photo shoots when you're a full 34 (going on 35) weeks pregnant.

I'm done with the whole "belly picture" thing, in case you've been wondering. But here's a candid shot someone snapped of me at the shower, just so you can see exactly how much extra weight I'm lugging around.

The good news? After doing an unplanned ultrasound (my doctor's awesome; she met my parents and said, "let's do an ultrasound") and measuring my fundal height, I was told I have more amniotic fluid than most pregnant women--which, to me, means a lot of my extra weight is all fluid. The bad news? I've seen my thighs. I know better.

1 comment:

  1. hang in there Stacy...you will meet your little birdie before you know it :) it will all be worth it...i know you know that but you will be shocked at how everything seems so little when you look into her eyes and see her tiny little fingers!

    ReplyDelete