Thursday, July 8, 2010

Back to Routine?

Well, it's been a whirlwind around here since Evelyn was born, but the last of the out of town visitors left early this morning and it's supposedly "back to routine." The problem is, I'm not sure what the routine is supposed to be. I figured it up last night: in 37 days, I had 15 that were supposedly "routine," and those were full of me recovering from major surgery while trying to get in the swing of breastfeeding, diapering, burping, and creating stable wake and sleep times. People were bringing me dinners, I was skipping out on Bible studies, and you can forget about my daily walks around the park.

Suddenly, all this is supposed to change: I'm supposed to get back to freelance work, manage the baby, cook, clean, and consistently attend to all the responsibilities I had before having Evelyn. And all this will happen. I will start exercising again (with my doctor's expected approval of such "strenuous activity" due to come on Monday). I will walk my dogs. I will bring in what little money I can while working part-time from home. I will make sure the dishes are washed and put away every evening. I will not neglect my baby. It sounds intimidating to me right now, and I'm so far behind in things that thinking about today makes me tired, but I'm definitely ready to feel like a "normal" human being again.

Of course, first I have some "non-routine" activities that need done today--like painting a tree on one of the nursery walls! Maybe routine can start tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment